Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dreadfleet Shadewraith painted!

I purchased Dreadfleet a few weeks back and while I've been impressed with the overall quality of the boxed set, I was kinda irked to discovery that I really needed to paint the ship parts before I could assemble them and actually play the game.  But, oh well, so I started painting the ships, starting with the water bases for all of them. 



I chose to start with the Shadewraith because it seemed like the simplest one to paint.   Just paint it mostly one color (Astronomicon Grey) then wash it with Thrakka Green and then highlight again with the Astronomicon Grey and then again with White.  Oh something different I'm doing is using a Gloss Varnish on the water areas for all the ships.



Its pretty standard to the little tutorial GW gave online and in White Dwarf but I tried to add a little bit by making a wood plank pattern/texture to the flat areas.  I think it was pretty successful though and I'm looking forward to painting the rest (and actually playing the game!).  



I'm about half way done with the Skaven undead whale thing, Skabrus, so that'll be my next set of picts.  I think I'll use my good camera for those, these ones seemed a bit blurry.


No comments:

Post a Comment