Friday, October 28, 2011

Dreadfleet Skabrus

OK.  Here's my second ship for Dreadfleet, only 8 more need to be done before I can actually play this game.  Anyway, I painted this close to the White Dwarf guide and I again used a gloss varnish for the water but this time I also added it to the "guts" and to the zombie whale's mouth and teeth.



For the main color I base coated the thing with Dheneb Stone and did a heavy wash with a mix of Leviathan purple and Ogryn Flesh.  After that, I did highlights with Fortress Grey and then smaller highlights of a mix of Skull White and Fortress Grey.  

Guts areas were a base of Mechrite Red and then progressive highlights of Blood Red, Blazing Orange and small specular highlights of Skull White. 



The bone areas were basecoated with Bleached Bone then washed with Gryphonne Sepia.   I then highlighted areas with  Bleached Bone again and then smaller highlights of a mix of Bleached Bone and Skull White.

For the Skaven "orbs", I based them with a mix of Dwarf Bronze and Tin Bitz.  Then i washed it with a watered down Black Ink and when that dried I mixed Dark Angels Green and Hawk Turquoise and a lot of water to create an "oxidation" wash for the copper portions.   After that I painted the grey metal portions Boltgun Metal with progressive highlights of Chainmail and Mithril Silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment